Monday 9 May 2016

Me Made May Week 1 Round-up

Right. We're already over a week into May (argh) so I thought it time to have a little moment of reflection about the Me Made May business. I won't do this every week I don't think, but it's nice to sit back and think about what, if anything, I've learnt throughout the process.

1. I'm already SO bored of taking photos of myself. Does everyone on Instagram/blogs feel this way? Some people seem to have mastered the art of taking photos and selfies. I have not.

2. Despite saying in my last post that I probably needed to make fewer dresses, I've realised I actually don't have enough! The weather has turned warm this week (properly so the last two days) and I found myself struggling to know what to wear. I wanted to wear dresses - light, floaty, summery, comfy dresses, but actually, I have a real lack of these in my wardrobe. Now, obviously I live in Britain, so there's no need to go too bonkers with the summer dress making, but this is a definite gap that needs to be filled. I have a couple of makes to post later today which are starting to remedy this, and a few more planned. Stay tuned!

3. On days that I don't want to wear dresses, jeans are the logical other option. Much like every other woman in the Western world, I hate buying jeans. The very thought fills me with dread. I'd actually rather go swimsuit shopping in winter. I don't fit jeans that well. I'm short (and particularly short in the leg) and my waist is slightly wider than my hips which means I need a short-legged size 8 in the legs/bum/hips, and a 10 in the waist, and they don't sell jeans like that. Making them then, seems a sensible thing to do! While the thought of making jeans fills me with considerable terror, I guess it's not impossible. The Ginger Jeans pattern does make it seem feasible, so I'm going to start slowing psyching myself up for this. My Mum thought the idea sounded good too, so maybe we'll do an international mother-daughter jeans sewalong!

4. Did I mention I'm so freaking bored of my own selfies?

Here are some pics I've posted to Instagram during the last week, plus today's outfit (and a face which shows just how bored I am of the photo-taking!)

Day 1: My fave Emmeline tee in amazing lightweight tropical print crepe 
We were painting the spare room on Day 2: failed Anima pants and a stretched out Coco dress (hacked into a top) are my 'work clothes'

That favourite Coco dress with RTW leggings was the working-at-home look on Day 3

Day 4 and the weather properly warmed up, so I swanned about in my Washi dress (which FYI, is the most comfy dress ever. This fabric is linen-y and gorgeous)

Day 5 and I was rocking my other favourite Emmeline Tee. I love this print - lets me be in my safe zone of black but still have splashes of lovely colour

Day 6 and you have to look closely to see what I'm wearing because I forgot to photograph it, but it's the flannelette Moji pants I've blogged previously. Reading a truly wonderful (work-related) book about how people wear and use their clothes. It's really really brilliant. I highly recommend it to everyone! 
Day 8 (sorry Day 7 missed being photographed) and it's hot. The pasty white legs are officially OUT. This is a new Washi dress which I will blog about shortly! 

Day 9. My face on the right says it all. Bored of looking at photos of myself now! (wearing a Coco dress with a collar)

No comments:

Post a Comment