Tuesday 21 April 2015

Sort-a Lottie Blouse

April 2015: I had enough of this gorgeous crepe de chine fabric to sneak two wee tops - the Emmeline Tee, and this one. This is meant to be a pussy-bow blouse, but I had a feeling it would look cute as a key-hole sleeveless blouse instead. And I reckon it does! Sadly, this looks cuter on the mannequin - once again real bodies and real boobs are causing issues here - the keyhole is like a sneak peak of serious cleavage and it's a tad indecent. I'm sure some people would wear it but I feel uncomfy (like, 'hey, here's my boobs') so I will probably try to wear a cami underneath, or perhaps think about stitching in a wee bit of black behind the keyhole. Won't look as cute, but I'll at least be able to wear it!

Postscript: My Mum has been visiting from NZ and wanted to go shopping for some summer tops, but neither of us could be bothered with the hideousness of shopping. So I suggested she try this on - and it looks SO much nicer on her than me! How fun to be able to give someone a handmade top to wear that looks really good on her! 

2 comments:

  1. Me too. I was heart-broken when I went to order it and it was out of stock...and then delighted that social media chatting led me to getting the last 1.5m!

    ReplyDelete