Tuesday 21 April 2015

Colette Laurel

April 2015: This was intended as a wearable muslin - to see if the shape/sizing worked. I actually sort of like it! I've ended up putting two small tucks in the front to give a bit of wait-line definition...otherwise because of the boob 'cliff', a shift dress can look a bit like a maternity gown on me. And no one needs that. 

I decided to try my first ever collar by self-drafting one. I also decided to edge it in lace because i thought it would look cute. It does, but I forgot to factor the need for a smaller seam allowance as a result of the lace and so the stupid collar is too big and overlaps. Oops! Ah well, still cuteish. Plus I think this is super cheapo polyester fabric anyways, so I don't imagine it'll have a long wear-life. In the meantime, with a cream cardy, it'll be a cute enough summer dress

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! And I like the way the collar overlaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - virtue from necessity! Yeah, the overlap is cute. I think if one were prone to perfectionism (which I am not, thankfully), they'd find the overlap is just ever-so-slightly off-centre which is a little weird. But hey - it was a 'draft' run!

    ReplyDelete